Gotham is a group role playing game of strategy, survival, and the ability to spot a fraud. The imaginary setting is a city where the civilians and Criminals are all out battle for survival. Do you have what it takes to win the game?
- This event is open to all engineering students irrespective to their field of study
- Every person playing the game is given a token which contains a character.
- The characters includes Mafias, Detective, Doctor and Civilians.
- The token that is picked is the character that that person plays. When everyone has taken and looked at their tokens, the moderator will begin the game.
- Initially everyone is “asleep,” the moderator should instruct the Mafias to wake up and choose a victim. The people who have the Mafial tokens will open their eyes and decide amongst themselves (as quietly as possible) who they want to kill.
- The moderator will instruct the Detective to wake up. The Detective will then point out one person that they suspect to be a criminal member and the moderator will silently indicate (through a thumbs-up or thumbs-down) whether or not that that person is a member of the criminal .
- The doctor will then be instructed to wake up and choose a person to save. The doctor will then (silently) point to a one person to save. He/she could also choose to save himself (or herself).
- The moderator will then instruct everyone to wake up and will give a short story about whoever the criminal selected, if the Doctor guessed the “dead” person that person will end up staying alive in the short story you come up with about a near-death or death experience and if the person selected by the criminal isn’t saved by the doctor that person will end up dead in the short story.
- Hold discussions. The townspeople (this includes, Detective, and Mafia ) should discuss recent events. Nobody may show their identities, although they can try to convince others that they are a certain role. Once the discussion has evolved to a point where somebody has a suspicion, play proceeds to accusations.
- Apply the verdict. If a majority of the voting players vote guilty, the accused shows his or her card and is now considered killed. If no cards were used, the accused may simply state whether or not they are the Mafia